Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Independence grove/ lake opeka 5/6

Well got started fishing with my friends around 545 and within 20 minutes I hook what I thought was a monster bass but after about 5 seconds I knew it was a foul hooked carp. I got it in relatively quickly because I had 50# powerpro on. It was a beast im guessing 15+ pounds. So we keep working the shoreline and I pick up a dink 10 incher



About 30 minutes goes by and all of sudden I feel like I snagged a stump but it was coming in so I set the hook and I had a absolute pig on my line. To my surprise when I got it in to shore it had a monster crappie still in it's mouth and the crappie was still alive and kicking. Im very surprised he hit my lure when he already was stuffing his face. Sad to say but I don't think he will live because he wasn't really swimming well when I put him back in. Those bass tend to do that a lot and they kill themselves that way. It was aleast a nice 4 pounder. Maybe even 4.5 but 4 without a doubt.



Decided to hit a shore line that was very calm and about 10 minutes goes by and I slam a 2.5 pound bass. Also saw some guy bring up a healthy 4 pound eye near the same location on a crawler.



On our way back we decide to hit a local lake that is close to us. Don't forget it's now like 9pm. So I decide to rig up a topwater since I saw a lot of action a ig and I thought the water was pretty warm actually. So I didn't have any luck but my friend matt pulled up 2 pigs. One was about a 4.5# bass and the other a 2.5# bass. Both hit very close to shore where a runoff pipe was stationed.



Bait of choice today was a rat l trap in bluegill pattern. Also matt used a very shallow crank to get his fish.



Pictures will come tommorow once they are uploaded.




Thanks for reading,
Keith aka the rootpro!

1 comment:

  1. Hello fishermen! http://fishing-in-siberia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete