Monday, April 6, 2009

4 days away from my cruise!

For my spring break I will be going on a cruise. The part that sucks is I gotta catch a 6am flight to flordia so I gotta leave my house around 330. The cruise will be taking me to St. Thomas, Jamacia, Domincan Republic, Caman Islands and one other I cannot remember. I will be gone for about 1 week.

Time to get to fishing. Kenosha has been average for this time of year lately. Mostly browns but the occasional steelhead is being caught. Fish have been hitting off the bottom lately due to clarity being only about 10 inches in main harbor but small boat harbor is about a foot and a half.

Fishing in racie has been good as of Saturday. In the root river as of Saturday lots of fish were taken by the horlick dam on yarn flies. Spawn was not working to well for most anglers who decided to drift. Sunday things slowed down and only a few were taken by the dam and in colonial park.

The pike river has been producing as well. Almost all reports coming in to me have been good simply because the river is overlooked. Pets park has been producing on spawn there because clarity is much better than the root and the flow is perfect for drift fishing. Lots of fish have been found in the deeper holes. Also lots of suckers have made their way into not only the pike but many other area rivers.


Coho action on the lakefront has been hit or miss and really hasn't been good at all yet this year. Powerlining is your best bet. Casting is still slow because the water is still to cold at shore for the baitfish to come in. Coho have been hitting minnows while some steelhead were caught on spawn sacs as well.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment