Monday, April 20, 2009

root river 4/20

well after going powerlining in the morning with my buddy and us getting the skunk we decided to head to the root river. We arrived around 4 and fished till 7. I immediately hooked into a nice buck that gave me a 15 minute battle and some nice fellow helped me net it. It was weighed in at 5 pounds on the dot and 23 inches long.





While i was battling my fish my phone was being blown up and to find out it was my buddy mike who was fighting his fish as i was fighting mine. His of course a lot fresher and nice. His picture can be found on his blog which you can find under my friends. Actually we were very surprised to find out it was an arlee. My buddy who is the Dnr up there informed us of that and we were all shocked and loved it. It was the first one he had seen all season so far. It was loaded with SPAWN!! It was 6.5 pounds and 25 inches long.


I also hooked into this monster!!




There are a lot of fish still up on the reeds and most fish are spawned out by now. With all this rain that we have coming a lot of fish should be pushed out and fishing should be winding down within 2-3 weeks. Most of the fish today were taken on spawn but 70% of the people fishing with fly rods are all having success fishing in the riffles where the reeds are. Also my buddy dan hooked into a nice spawned out female minutes before we were about to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment