Sunday, April 26, 2009

Root river, sterling lake, independence, beck lake, and occ 4/25

Started off on the root around 8pm and fished till about 11 when the storm rolled in. During that time it was slim pickins. Saw 2 fish landed and saw 2 people swallow some root river! Yes 2 people took a dunk today. At one point my buddy mike said look at that guy he's getting naked and I said no he's squeezing the water out of his clothes cause he fell iin. Well 5 minutes later mike points out to me that look at that guy be feel in. Well he only went up to his chest in water. Then im still looking and I see the same guy that fell 10 minutes ago was underwater and I see his head pop up. He almost pulled his friend completly under when he tried grabbin him. I think they were drinking before they came. Haha.
Getting back to the report, I saw quite a few fish still in the weir and I also saw a lot jumping. I was 0/2 on the day. Had one on for 5 seconds, had him jump and pop, spit the hook. Mike had a brief hit but wasn't paying much attn and he missed it.
Went to colonial park and it was crowded there. Found a nice spot to drift and we both went 0/1 there then it started downpouring and we called it quits there.

Decided to try and bass fish at quarry lake park there but didn't even bother and after a quick stop at Kenosha to grab a bite to eat we were on our way to sterling lake near the Wisconsin Illinois border. We got the skunk there but we both love this lake and will deffinetly be back there soon.

Next up bass pro shop. Got a few rat l traps and headed to independence grove but we had to pay 10 bucks so we skipped out on that and went to beck lake instead. We walked the whole lake with a skunk as well. The cold front shut them bass down I think.

Last stop was Oakton community college and I actually had a bass hit me but I lost my rat l trap and I was mad and just quit for the day.


To sum it up in a few words, the day sucked. Had I known that system was coming through I would of slept in.

No comments:

Post a Comment