Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Not so hott fishing, hott temperatures!

Well things started off by me pulling a all nighter and fishing opeka
at 130 till about 230 and slept for maybe 30 minutes.
From there me and my friend Creighton went to the lake to try for
perch but we got there a little late and the bite was over except for
a older gentlemen who was catching the perch consistently then he
hooked into something nice. At first I thought it was a coho but it
was way to big for a coho. It was a steelhead. That is the second
steelhead I seen this year landed while perch fishing. Crazy things
can happen though.
After perching we decided to stay down there and meet up with our
friend jp. That is when the temps starting to rise to about 90. We
caught a few largies all together. For about 2 and a half hours we
tried to get this monster smallis to hit but he just wouldn't take
anything and I mean anything. We threw everything possible at him. He
would follow the lure up and get everyones hopes up then just turn
around.
After we left I knoticed I got a farmers tan but not quite a tan, I
was a little burnt!!ughhhh

After a short 3 hour nap and after watchig the cubs game I decide to
hit up a friends private pond for some topwater bass. Wasn't to
exciting but I pulled in 2 11-14 inch bass.

Thanks for reading!!

Keith aka rootpro6

No comments:

Post a Comment