Sunday, June 21, 2009

Perching 6/21

Got down to Belmont around 645 or so and stayed till 8ish. Took the bus there so got there a little later than I wanted to. First couple casts didn't get any hits so I move to the mouth and connect on my first cast. YAY!! Not, it's a rock bass which I proudly gave away to another angler who said they taste like crappie. About my 10th or so cast I hook into a perch. Finally!! Then from there until I left it was consistent action. Left with a 7 fish stringer. 2 13 inchers and the other 5 around 8-9 inches. Also I knoticed a lot of snags there. Don't know how many times I had to re-rig. ( I don't know how you minnow fisherman fish there without getting snagged ever time with ur big weight on the bottom). I will have a pic uploaded sometime tommorkw or Tuesday. 8 days and counting until game over!! Sad to say but I still need to get a limit, which I should of had atleast 1-2 by now. Thanks for reading!!

Keith aka rootpro6

No comments:

Post a Comment